WhoWasInCommand answers key questions about the structure, behaviour and people in charge of security forces like the police and army:
- Who is in charge of the specialized anti-riot police unit?
- What army unit has jurisdiction over what areas and for how long?
- Where did this commander previously serve, and where did they go next?
- When was a particular police unit based in a specific city?
- What allegations have civil society groups made against a unit or commander?
WhoWasinCommand presents data from thousands of public sources to help human rights researchers, investigative journalists and anyone who wants security forces to be more accountable.